Spice & EZ' S Beef Jerky Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours
- Yield: 20 -24 servings
This spice & ez beef jerky recipe is full of awesome savory flavors, it includes no added sweeteners, and it’s irresistibly delicious!
- 2 pounds flank steak (or eye of round or top round steak)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package of spice & ez- jerky spice seasoning blend
- Thinly-slice the steak into 1/8-inch thick strips, either with the grain (which will result in a chewier beef jerky) or against the grain (which will be more tender). I recommend popping the steak in the freezer for 15-30 minutes before slicing so that it is easier to cut. (Or the butchers working behind the meat counters at most grocery stores will also do this for you if you ask.)
- Transfer the strips of steak to a large ziplock bag*.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until combined. Pour the mixture into the ziplock bag with the steak, seal the bag, and toss until the steak is evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day.
- If you’re making the jerky in a dehydrator, lay the strips out in a single layer on the trays of your dehydrator. Then follow the dehydrator’s instructions to cook the beef jerky until it is dry and firm, yet still a little bit pliable. With my dehydrator, that meant cooking the jerky on medium heat for about 8 hours. But cooking times will vary based on the thickness of your meat, and the heat/brand of your dehydrator.
- Remove jerky and transfer to a sealed container. Refrigerate for up to 1 month.