Sonoran Smoked Brisket
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 9 Hours
Serves: 12 people
RubSPICE & EZ --- Sonoran Salt Rub
- 1 1/2 (12-14 lb) whole packer brisket, trimmed
- 2 1/4 Cup beef broth
- When ready to cook, set smoker temperature to 225℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- For the Rub: Sonoran Salt Rub
- Season the brisket on all sides with the rub.
- Place brisket, fat side down on grill grate. Cook brisket until it reaches an internal temperature of 160℉, about 5 to 6 hours. When brisket reaches internal temperature of 160℉, remove from grill.
- Double wrap meat in aluminum foil and add the beef broth to the foil packet. Return brisket to grill and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 204℉, about 3 hours more.
- Once finished, remove from grill, unwrap from foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve.