Chili Pepper Facts
Did you know?
The substances that give chili peppers their intensity when ingested are capsaicin and related compounds known as capsaicinoids.
Six reasons to sprinkle some more
- May promote weight loss.
- May help relieve pain caused by acid reflux.
- May have anti-diabetic properties.
- May help control heart rate and blood pressure.
- May have anti-bacterial and analgesic properties.
- May have anti-carcinogenic properties.
Moderation is key
Repeated intake at high doses may cause burning sensations and intestinal distress in some people.
Adds color, flavor and heat to barbeque sauces, dry seasonings and rubs, batters and breadings, chili dishes and taco seasoning.
28 Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B-6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K